Building and Fire Codes
The City of Oberlin is governed by the following fire and life safety codes:
- 2017 OHIO BUILDING CODE, OHIO MECHANICAL CODE, OHIO PLUMBING CODE (view online)
- National Electric Code (NFPA 70)
- 2017 INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODE
- 2017 RESIDENTIAL CODE OF OHIO
- CITY of OBERLIN FIRE PREVENTION CODE, including:
- 2018 International Fire Code, as amended (view this code online) (Effective Jan 1, 2018)
- 2017 Ohio Fire Code (view this code online) (Effective December 15, 2017)
- NFPA Standards
- NFPA 14, Installation of Standpipe, Private Hydrant, and Hose Systems
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code
- NFPA 241, Safeguarding Construction, Alteration, and Demolition Operations
- NFPA 326, Safeguarding of Tanks and Containers for Entry, Cleaning, or Repair.
- NFPA 430, Storage of Liquid and Solid Oxidizer.
- NFPA 434, Storage of Pesticides.
- NFPA 505, Powered Industrial Trucks, Including Type Designations, Areas of Use, Maintenance, and Operation
- NFPA 1962, Care, Use, and Service Testing of Fire Hose, Including Couplings and Nozzles
In addition, the city has numerous regulations pertaining to planning and zoning issues.
Where to Call For More Information:
|Building inspections and permits||
|Property maintenance and enforcement||
|Fire inspections, permits and code enforcement||
|Planning and zoning||
Privacy Officer Contact Information
Oberlin Fire Department
Attn: Privacy Officer
430 South Main Street
Oberlin, OH 44074
Effective Date of the Notice: April 14, 2003